Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fabrics and Textures.

We are like chameleons, we take our hue and the color of our moral character, from those who are around us.
-John Locke


Colorful India. Bright fabrics, a myriad of designs and enough hue to color the world twice over. I recently took a trip to the Bangalore-renowned Commercial Street in search of acrylic yarn and a wedding saree. In the midst of all the shopping, I stumbled upon some amazing fabrics inside a small and cramped, yet warm and friendly, shop. 
Commercial Street
World's finest Saree shop, Mysore Saree Udyog

I ended up choosing a very beautiful plum saree with guidance from my Indian roommate. The saree has to be detailed and finished so I left it with the shop and will pick it up in a few days. 


Take a trip to your local fabric shop, you'll be so surprised at what you find!


मेरी सैट आईये!





No comments:

Post a Comment