Friday, November 11, 2011

Jewels.

These gems have life in them:  their colors speak, say what words fail of. 
-George Eliot


During my time in India, I've managed to scout some of the most amazing jewelry.
Yet for me, the beauty of these jewels lie not in the authenticity of the stone, but rather in the way each piece adds dimension. I am a lover of ring stacking, and more often than not, have no less than 4 rings on at a time. I'm not keen on spending loads of money on jewelry either, I've always operated on a less than $10 budget --but of course, if the time is right, I make exceptions. ;)


This is traditionally worn at weddings and connects much like a nose ring, except in my case -- I don't have a nose piercing. There is a screw like gadget with a blunt base that attaches to my nose and the chain attaches to the back of my ear.
Sunday Soul Sante
I'm a mad collector of threaded bracelets (like the ones in the above picture), acquiring one from each country or state that I visit. One day, I do realize that I'll have to stop --but until then, I'll stick with it ;D. Each bracelet means something, and I've been collecting for more than three years. They are on my wrist 24/7 and consequently, I have a pretty interesting tan.


In fact, it is only because I have no other vices that I justify my extreme like of threads, shoes, chocolate and apparel. I recently sold all of my clothes and shoes before uprooting my life stateside and moving to India. Consider it a chance to rebuild.




No comments:

Post a Comment